There is nothing worse than a broken printer, right? Well… There is one thing worse. You’re customer calling about a broken printer that is out of warranty.
Customers expect their new HP printer to last 3-5 years. Don’t leave them high and dry after the standard 1 year warranty expires.
Here is a question to ask your customer: “The price of the carepack is (for this example part # U5X82E) $59 per year. If your printer goes down after warranty, what do you think it will cost to get it fixed or replaced?” ( the answer: A whole lot more than $59)
A few points about care packs to bring up on your next sales call:
- End Users who let support lapse after the warranty or care pack expire are no longer eligible to receive software or firmware updates. Aging devices need updates the most.
- Service renewals at the end of a care pack or warranty are easy to overlook which leaves equipment subject to time and material charges in the event of an incident. Kinda like getting in a wreck right after your Auto insurance expired.
The whole “peace of mind” cliche makes me think of some cheesy Glen Gary Glen Ross style salesman. But the truth is your customer will thank you when something eventually happens and they are taken care of thanks to the care pack.
The benefits of attaching a care pack to every HP printer you sell are:
- Peace of Mind – you know your customer is covered
- Margin – on average resellers are making 9 points of margin on the care packs they sell. This is even greater when you have a rebate or upfront discount on the care pack. Below is a list of current rebates.
- Customer Engagement – When you buy a care pack from SYNNEX it is automatically registered (for free) by our RENEWsolv team. When the care pack is 90 days from expiring, you will be notified by RENEWsolv. This is a great chance for you to re-engage the customer and say “Hey I sold you this printer 3 years ago. Here are some options on upgrading” Customers who purchase hardware only (basic warranty) are 60% likely to repurchase hardware from you. Customers who purchase care packs are 80% likely to repurchase hardware from you.
If you dont know the right care pack for the right printer My HP Sales Guide has a full listing of options for each device.
For a list of the current instant rebate on care packs you can download the Q4 list here: Care Pack Rebate Report
Call SYNNEX HP Business Development for more on HP Care Packs
Jennings Tinsley: 864-349-4784
Liz Kinney: 864-373-7378